TD7.NET Logical Operators

Discussion forum about all things Team Developer 7.x
jkienast
Germany

TD7.NET Logical Operators

Post by jkienast » 07 May 2019, 08:14

After conversion of our applications from Win32 to .NET I have to recognize that logical operators does not work as before.
This problem exists since TD6.3 and I ask me if there is nobody on this planet who has to port a bigger Gupta-Win32 to Gupta-NET.
Maybe I am wrong, but from my view that's an absolutely No-Go. :evil:

Code: Select all

Function: testA
	Static Variables
	Local variables
		Boolean: a
		Boolean: b
		Boolean: c
	Actions
		Set a = FALSE 
		Set b = FALSE 
		Set c = TRUE 
		If a and b or c
			Call SalMessageBox ( "WIN32", "WIN32", MB_Ok )
		Else
			Call SalMessageBox ( ".NET", ".NET", MB_Ok )
In .NET it's compiled to

Code: Select all

public static SalDecimal testA(ISalWindow SAL$WinCtx)
{
	SalDecimal result = 0m;
	bool flag = false;
	bool flag2 = false;
	bool flag3 = false;
	flag = false;
	flag2 = false;
	flag3 = true;
	if (flag && (flag2 || flag3))
	{
		SalMessageBox.Show("WIN32", "WIN32", 0L);
	}
	else
	{
		SalMessageBox.Show(".NET", ".NET", 0L);
	}
	return result;
}
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Riuks
Estonia

Re: TD7.NET Logical Operators

Post by Riuks » 27 May 2019, 16:43

Hi
Let me ask: "Is there any good point to do that?"

I tried several times convert our Tresoor ERP to TD.Net... and every time my conclusion were "TD.Net is Not usable!"... and i am still in same opinion :S ...
... i may be wrong, but i think count of conversions is zero in bigger size application (i do not count in those applications which are not using 3rd part dlls, office integrations and SOAP services).

Riho

jkienast
Germany

Post by jkienast » 30 May 2019, 07:59

So let me answer:

Live in Guptanamo is'nt alway easy, hordes of silverbacks sitting together in conspirational meetings, to discuss how best to stick to the past.
They send their ravens, which are more comparable with parrots from the burning brazilian jungles, into the world over the desks of the visionaries to let them crow there "Nevermore".

I have spent enough time with looking through the mouth of the seemingly dead horse into its complex intestines to see that there is enough to make a wonderful lasagne from it, and I am still working step by step to perfect my recipe my way.

PS: Maybe I'm critical about TD7.NET, but I also see that there is someone out there who worked hard to develop it and loves his code.
Would be nice if Opentext could concretize the future of this tool :!:
Will it be given up ?
Will it become open source ?
Or will there be real proactive development with more offensive combat of child deseases,
with more stability, with .NET.Core (5.0) newer external components etc?

:mrgreen:

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 30 May 2019, 11:45

I have tried to convert my existing application to TD .NET and 90% completed but 10% can not be completed since there is no solution through TD .NET. So awaiting if additional features will be provided in TD.NET in the future. till that time, it is on hold.

However, I have developed new WPF application in TD. NET without any issues. And also, developed another WPF application through TD .NET Webservices.

Thanks
Siva A

jkienast
Germany

Post by jkienast » 31 May 2019, 05:50

Hi Siva,

90%? Does not sound so bad, I would never expect that much.
The gains from the more modern technology stack could easily compensate for this.
But ok, since problems are only can be solved if it is spoken about them, it would be nice
to hear about your experiences and which solutions are missing in TD7.NET to complete the remaining 10%.

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 01 Jun 2019, 14:51

Hi
Yeah That's right.

I have started migrating from win32 to .NET two years back. I have faced more issues since some of the win32 coding is not supported. I resolved this both in two ways. one is to raise ticket with Gupta and resolve it and another one is to resolve the issue in different way if current coding is not working. I think have raised significant No. of tickets on .NET during that time and all of them resolved. The Area i faced the issues is ActiveX , Dynamically adding Report input items while running the reports and SalCompileAndEvaluate for Window handle etc. JM from Support Shared sample for adding input items in Reports at run time but did not work when i used more functions from that. So i just gave up as my planning is to go for Web/Mobile apps and have done few Proof-of-concept and comfortable with it.

I can show my complex .NET WPF design through Zoom/Team Viewer if you send your availability through PM.

Thanks
Siva A

jkienast
Germany

Post by jkienast » 04 Jun 2019, 05:02

Hi Siva

thanks for your detailed response and sorry for my late answer.
I can understand the issues with ActiveX, Reporting, and SalCompileAndEvaluate, but changing the technology stack to .NET
should open possibilities to solve these 3 problems with a little effort in a sustainable way, ae by changing ActiveX to .NET-libs,
moving reporting to Jasper or LL and replacing SalCompileAndEvaluate with an own Scripting Language
(Ok, maybe everything sounds like megalomaniac and the reality is different, but we have to stay on and to give it a try).
I believe that you created nice complex WPF.NET designs but I think a TV-session does not make any sense at this moment.
Whereby I would be interested to know if you really use SqlWindows-IDE or more Visual Studio for it.

Thx

PS: Thank you for your resolved tickets at Opentext, which of course we benefit from. We will try to bring in more solvable tickets.

a_sivababu
India

Post by a_sivababu » 04 Jun 2019, 10:54

I have done it for two applications through SQL Windows WPF.NET and compiled now in 7.1.

First application is through TD web Services with TD WPF.NET as Client and another one is TD WPF.NET

And, the Web services from First application is reused in TD Mobile Web application , Android and iPhone hybrid app.

Thanks
Siva A

Return to “General Discussion”