connection to oracle db

Discussion forum about all things older ANSI Team Developer versions.
Emanuela
Italy

connection to oracle db

Post by Emanuela » 16 May 2019, 15:47

I have to connect to a oracle db installed on a cloud machine. i've installed oracle client 18 32 bit, configured tnsnames.ora and the test connection on the net manager is ok.
when I try to connect with sqltalk the error is: Error: ERROR 21092 NOT FOUND IN ERROR.SQL (transaction rolled back)
Any sugget?

H3PO4
Germany

Re: connection to oracle db

Post by H3PO4 » 17 May 2019, 06:19

Hello Emanuela,

have you already tried a connect with sqlplus?

As you have posted this in the older versions forum my guess is a version incompatibility between TD and oracle.

Regards
Henning

Emanuela
Italy

Post by Emanuela » 17 May 2019, 07:07

I have tried also with version 7.1 but nothing change, I try with sql developer and everythin it's ok

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jeff Luther » 17 May 2019, 19:25

Emanuela -- one of the issues than your problem can identify is the existence > 1 copies of sql.ini on your machine. The sql.ini that you modified for Oracle may not be the one SQLTalk finds when you launch it.

Here's a test you can run to see what sql.ini is being found first in the PAT H: Click Windows Start, type in sql.ini and have it opened by your text editor. Now click the File/Save As... menu. This tells you where that INI file is located. Is it where you expect it to be? Is this the one you modified?

Also, when you run SQLTalk, is that in the folder where your modified INI file is? Let us know what you find.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California
TD info. & samples: http://www.jeffluther.net/TD/

Emanuela
Italy

Post by Emanuela » 20 May 2019, 07:15

Hello
the sql.ini it's ok, if I try to connect to the db with a bad password I keep the error invalid password, so I think I can reach the db but there is ad errore that I can understand

Return to “General Discussion”