Label printing issue with report builder 6.0

Discussion forum about all things Report Builder (all versions).
taltoscsiko

Label printing issue with report builder 6.0

Post by taltoscsiko » 15 May 2015, 08:48

I'm trying to configure a report for labels of 60mm x 30mm size. I've done this under "Report>Properties: Report format" but both the PDF-Printer and the real label printer are printing full sized A4 pages.
Is there any aditional setting that needs to be changed for label printing?

Thanks

regards
R.F.

Jeff Luther
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Label printing issue with report builder 6.0

Post by Jeff Luther » 16 May 2015, 18:49

Are you trying to print to a roll of labels, where each 'sheet' is a single label on the roll? Or printing to a sheet of labels on a single A4-sized sheet, like 30 labels, as I do? With that in mind, I can think of a couple possible issues.
* -- what's the 'sheet' in the printer look like, as I just asked? (1) A roll of 60x30 labels? Or (2) an A4 sheet with, say, 30 labels on it?

* -- And what *is* being printed? A single label on an A4 sheet of labels? Or...<what>?

* -- And lastly, what specifically have you configured under the ""Report>Properties: Report format" dlg. box? I see 2 places, depending on the paper size and # of labels per page that you are printing to, where this would be defined for your label:
1 - Page Layout tab
2 - Page Size tab

Take a look at the '_mailabl.qrp' sample that Gupta ships with RB; it should be in your TD version folder. Now look at that QRP's s Page Layout and Page Size settings for the 3-across mail label report. I see a def. of 3 across for a std. paper sheet. This, for me, would confirm to a page of labels 3 (across) x 10 (down). I've never printed to a roll of labels, so the '_mailabl.qrp' sample conforms to my Avery 30 labels/sheet std. paper sized sheet.
Jeff Luther @ PC Design
Palm Springs, California

Return to “General Discussion”