I'd like to inform you about a bug we found in TD7.3.0:
Prerequisits for the bug to occur:
1) Connect to SqlServer via ODBC
2) Select a column with datatype "uniqueidentifier" and also one with datatype "text" or "varchar(max)"
3) The column of the "uniqueidentifier" must be after the one with datatype "text" in the select column list.
The error is:
The bindvar for the "uniqueidentifier" column shows only the first character - it should be a GUID with 36 characters.
The bug is already fixed and will be released with TD7.3.1 and TD7.2.3
Here is the repsonse from OpenText:
In the meantime workarounds are:I would like to update you that our Development have fixed this defect TD-25198 "Fetching data from a column with datatype 'uniqueidentifier' in a SQL Server gives a corrupted data" in TD7.2.3 and TD7.3.1.
The TD7.3.1 release will be tentatively available in June 2020 and TD7.2.3 will be available in November 2020.
- put column with uniqueidentifier to the front of the select column list
- or connect via OLEDB to sqlserver.